Days slide by, one after the other.
I forgot to mention one of the places that I called last week. It was a place way out in the country, farther than I wanted to go . . . but I was trying to be open. When the man told me how to get there, he described the electric gate that I had to go through. Keep in mind that this house was way out in the country with few neighbors. As soon as I heard about the electric gate, I wasn't interested. It just felt too "Stephen King" to me, ya know what I mean? An electric gate out in the middle of nowhere . . ..
I found another ad on the internet that someone was desperate for a roommate. I called and sent an email, but no response. But, I decided to go look at it to see if I would be interested. I have never been to this part of Durango, and OMG it was magnificent. I never saw the exact house, but it was a totally horsey area with cliffs all around. If I ever buy a home in Durango, it will be in this area. The guy never called back and never answered my email.
I saw a house on Saturday in Hermosa . . . which is north of Durango, but still technically Durango. It was in a very nice house, with two dogs - - dachshunds - - and had two bathrooms. Pam said she'd call me on Sunday or Monday. She called. Score! My new home in Durango. I move in tomorrow.
The thirty year old woman with the house in town living with her sister never got in touch with me. It may be an incorrect assumption, but my guess is that her twenty-two year old sister thought I was too old. If the room would have been already taken, she would have told me that. I could be wrong, but if the past experiences in this town in the past couple weeks mean anything, I think I'm right. Age discrimination . . . gee, I didn't think I was old enough for that! Bummer!
Today, I happened to be downtown in time for the Veteran's Day Parade. It was interesting. As the parade went by, people watching screamed "Thank-you" and clapped their hands as the parade went by. An unusual thing happened to me that I can't account for . . . I was overcome, and had to blink back the tears. The only thing I can think of is that I'm very empathic (I feel other people's feelings . . . I essentially feel their pain), and there was someone around whose feelings I was picking up on. Anyway, it was unusual.
If any of you are doubting that I am in the right place . . . get this! I was looking at the internet at a Durango calendar and guess what I discovered?! Oh, forget that, you'd never guess! The WooWoo Event! Yes, this weekend is the WooWoo Event in Durango, Colorado. Is that cool or what?! I am not making this up! http://www.thewoowooevent.com/
And I'm just in time!!
No comments:
Post a Comment