Friday, May 2, 2008

May 2, 2008


Big Sandy, Tennessee
I am now staying with my friends, Ron and Naomi, in Big Sandy, Tennessee.  They were my neighbors twenty-five years ago when we all lived in Paris, Tennessee.  Naomi and I used to eat sunflower seeds and drink Mountain Dew until late in the night.  Our houses used to face a pasture with grazing cows.  Now the cows are gone, but the pasture is still there.  Their house in Big Sandy is in a rural area with beautiful trees across the street.
Today, we took a ride in this tiny four-wheel-drive truck called a Kabota.  We went through the woods, and I rescued this poor turtle that had tried crawling through a fence and gotten stuck.  I don't know if it will survive or not, but at least it's free now.
Last night there was a big storm and a tornado watch.  It was pretty and kind of exciting!  I remember these storms when I used to live here.  I'd sit by my picture window, and watch the lightening as if it was a light show.

No comments: