Saturday, May 24, 2008

May 24, 2008


Santa Fe, New Mexico
This has been a whirlwind week . . . not that we have done that much.  Mostly we just stayed home and talked, and went out to lunch at different places in town.  There are a lot of really good, and inexpensive restaurants in Santa Fe.  
My niece teaches theater and puts on plays.  I was lucky enough to be here the week she was putting on her most outrageous play . . . Rocky Horror Show.  If you haven't seen it or heard of it, you probably don't want to!  If I described the play, it wouldn't be very appropriate for young people!  On the other hand, the students that performed the play were high school students!  It was totally outrageous, well done, but not my cup of tea!  Ironically, I had taken this same niece and her brother to the Rocky Horror Show movie when she was sixteen and her brother was thirteen.  It is a cult favorite and very interactive.

Later in the week, we also went to a piano recital of my "grand" niece and nephew.  That is my niece's daughter and son.  They both did a great job, and I really enjoyed it.

This is a picture of my "sister" Carol, and her cat, Cappy, relaxing on her bed.

No comments: