The Appalachians.
Today, Karen took me on a tour of the area. Up into the mountains of West Virginia we went . . . on some narrow mountain roads. Those kind of roads scare me. Many, many years ago when Karen and I were in our late teens, we drove up the coast of California to Big Sur. We picked up a couple of hitchhikers (it was fairly acceptable back then), and went hiking and picnicking with them. On the way back to LA, Karen let one of them drive the car. He was a good driver, but on the way down the mountain, he couldn't avoid a small red sports car who had veered over into our lane. It was almost a head-on collision and very scary. As you can see, forty years later, I'm still not over it! So, today was a bit challenging for me. Still it was a beautiful drive, filled with national parks, and wildlife refuges, and we even visited Black Water Falls, a very nice waterfall. Unfortunately, I left my camera at home! Sorry!
No comments:
Post a Comment