Thursday, April 10, 2008

April 5, 2008


Montpelier, Vermont
I am now in Montpelier, Vermont and staying with my cousins.  It's a sleepy, little town of about 8000.  I really like it here.   I could probably live here.  Let's see how many more times I say that on this journey!  There is a distinct rural feel to it here, and yet there are some conveniences of small city.  Today we went to see a maple sugar place, and it was pretty cool.  It takes forty gallons of sap to make one gallon of maple sugar!  Wow!  We also went to an inside farmer's market that had a three piece band playing celtic music.

When I checked my email today, I had a pleasant surprise.  Someone in New Zealand offered me to stay at their house to help them!   This was from that web site that I might have mentioned to you.   They have lists of helpers and hosts . . . the hosts are basically looking for someone to work for them in exchange for room and board.  The people that offered me to stay had a small yoga studio, and whatnot, but there were no animals involved except the family cat.   I wrote back a thank you, but I was trying to find a place that had animals.   Anyway, that was pretty cool!

My cousin has been sick, so her husband, John, has been touring me around rural Vermont.   It's very beautiful here.  John and Judi lived in India for several years, so it's been interesting talking to him about my experiences. When I told him the story of Reiki-Ashouk and what he did to me that day, John said that he had heard hundreds of stories about India, but never anything like that! Wow!

No comments: