
Elkins, West Virginia
It has been very nice being here in West Virginia. Karen's house is centrally located, and I can easily walk to the grocery store, post office, health food store, drug store, and to most other places that I might need. It is mostly flat, like Pune, and I enjoy seeing all the blossoms on the trees.
No chicken pox, but I did break out all over. I'm thinking it's from the cat at Tammy's house or the scented candles at Karen's. It got so bad that I had to see a doctor. He gave me a shot of steroids and a prescription for more. It helped immediately, although I'm still itching some. Interesting side effects of the steroids . . . inappropriate happiness as well as depression. So, if I am feeling happy now, and I am, is it inappropriate or would I be even happier if the depression wasn't putting a damper on it? It's totally confusing me, and if I wasn't so happy I would probably be more concerned about it.
Karen's two dogs, Benton and Checkers, have given me a lot of pleasure while I've been here. But I'm not sure if they make me miss Tika more or less. They've been fun, though, and I have enjoyed spending time with them.
Aren't traveler's checks supposed to be just like cash? Then why won't banks cash them? I went to three banks and was refused at each one. The fourth bank cashed it, but not before spitting on the check to make sure that it blurred. Luckily, it passed the test, because there was no way I was going to put it back into my pocket!
No comments:
Post a Comment