Friday, August 15, 2008

Friday, August 15, 2008

Oh, am I sore!  And Jane said tomorrow will be even worse!  I ache all over, and sitting down, even on a padded chair, is a killer.  Stefan is sore, too, but Pat is fine!

Pat thought I should get on somebody just to stretch those muscles out, so I got up on Solomon the donkey.  I could barely sit up on him standing still!  I had to sit so weird because of the aches and pains that I almost fell off him, and he never even moved!  Now, that's sad!

We saddled Chaco and JDancer and Cisco and took them all for a walk outside.  Before I saddled Chaco, I just walked him around.  He bit me!  He is so sensitive and possessive that when I hang with another horse . . . like riding Jasper yesterday . . . he gets upset and isn't afraid to show it.  It's not nice, though.  I had to do some discipline on him for awhile . . . making him look at me . . . not letting him look away . . . making him back up and come forward.  And then he was better.

Outside the gates he was fine for most of the time, but on the way back, he was getting pushy again.  Pat has us all go in a circle, and I swung the end of the lead rope at him, and he finally settled down.  He is a stallion, and he is two years old, so this isn't so unexpected.  Plus . . . and mostly . . . I baby him too much.  I still need to be stricter.

No comments: