Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Tuesday, August 5, 2008


Shawn and Laura left today. There was a little tiff with Pat and they decided they wanted to leave. They were originally scheduled to leave next week, so it's not that much earlier. And . . . everything happens for a reason. Before they left, when we were hugging good by, Laura said that she and I got into conflicts because we were both magical and it was like two butterflies in a jar.  I liked that.  I will miss them.

We all piled into the jeep and first stopped at Farmington for some errands that Pat had to do.  Shawn and Laura and Stefan ate at a small diner.  But, for me . . . as long as I was in the "big city", I wanted FAST FOOD!  We stopped at Sonic, which I didn't think was quite as good as Burger King or McDonalds, but still, it was close!  And the cool thing about it was that it was a drive in . . . not a drive through.  Actually, it was a drive through, also.  A drive in, for those of you who have never seen one, is a restaurant where you park in a spot where there is a menu.  Then you order by pushing a button, and they bring you your food right to the car.  I haven't been to one of these in many years . . . probably since living in Los Angeles.  Pat said that they used to deliver your food on roller skates!

After eating, we drove to Farmington to drop off Laura and Shawn at the same bus station where I first arrived in New Mexico.  Then Stefan, Pat, and I went to a couple thrift stores to find Stefan a pair of cowboy boots and some Levi jeans.  We struck out on both for Stefan.   Back to Farmington, then we stopped at a cowboy store and Stefan bought some fancy cowboy boots and a hat!  I'm so jealous!  I want some cowboy boots, too!

On the way back home, we stopped to look at some petroglyphs that Pat had seen from the road, but had never checked out.  There were some really cool ones, plus a lot of Spanish carvings in the rocks.  There was one petroglyph of a snake!  How cool is that!?!
We also found an old midden . . . a dump from the Navajos or Anastazis.  It was really cool with lots of pottery sherds.  We weren't allowed to take any, though, because it's illegal.

Today is my two month anniversary here!

No comments: