Today, we got Chaco all dressed up in a Western saddle. He looked very handsome! We've had an Australian saddle on him before, but they are fairly light compared to Western saddles. I was afraid he would buck and throw a hissy fit. But he was very well mannered.
I walked him around the corral, and he tried to take advantage and get ahead of me like he often does lately. So, Pat said that if he gets ahead of me to turn him in the opposite direction so that I would always be ahead of him. It worked well, and he calmed down nicely. I walked him in circle eights, and also led him from both the right side and the left side. The right side is where his blue eye is, and sometimes he's sensitive about that side. Then, sometimes he's sensitive about his brown eye side.
Meanwhile, Pat rode Cisco in a saddle for the first time. She and Cisco and Stefan and JDancer (JD) were in the round pen riding around. JD isn't good with other horses with riders on them, so the practice was for both of them. I was still in the far corral with Chaco messing around with him, when I heard a commotion in the round pen. I looked up in time to see Cisco bucking and bucking, and the next thing Pat goes flying to the ground. In a heap. That always scares me so much.
Cisco kept bucking for awhile, and I was worried that he would step on Pat who was still on the ground, but he didn't. I ran over there, but Stefan had gotten off JD and gotten to Pat first. She was fine as usual. That woman is practically indestructible! She stands up, dusts herself off, catches Cisco, and starts to get back on him. Immediately as he felt her weight in the stirrup, he started bucking around the pen again. So, Pat unsaddled him and kind of sat side saddle on him bareback for awhile. She may have gotten back on him bareback, I'm not sure. Later, I gave her reiki hoping that it would help her body heal.
No comments:
Post a Comment