
I came here to work with horses, but I'm also getting a bonus! I'm learning to cook! I haven't had to cook the last ten years because Don was such a great cook. But . . . now . . . I have to re-learn again. Yesterday morning, I learned to make pancakes.
I am disgraced again with Chaco. He has been doing so well with Stefan riding him, so I thought I'd give it a try. But, I was still nervous on him. Horses are really sensitive to energy and the "fear" smell, so my fear set him off. I had to do an emergency dismount, and then I was too afraid to get back on him. Pat had me lean across his back on my stomach, but it wasn't the same. I never got enough confidence in either of us to get back on him.
When Stefan came out, he was willing, and he got right up on him. Chaco was still kind of revved up, but Stefan never had to jump off him. I guess I need to see Stefan ride him a lot more before I'll be confident enough to get back on him.
No comments:
Post a Comment