Saturday, August 16, 2008

Saturday, August 16, 2008


Pat and Stefan went to Navajo City.  Today, will be an easy day, hopefully.  I still need to recover from the twenty mile horse ride!  It's just me and the dogs and the cats and the horses today.  Here is a picture of the dogs.  The little one is Chica, the brown smiling one is Hecate, and the black and white one is Twenty.  Twenty almost always sleeps in my room when it is thundering or threatening to thunder.  Chica sleeps there sometimes.  Hecate only comes in when it is thundering bad.  They are all good dogs, but I'm bonded more with the horses.

Today, Pat asked me if I wanted to move up to Shawn and Laura's old room for the winter, because it's the only room that's heated.  I guess that means I'm officially invited to stay the winter.  I've been having so many cool adventures here, and I have beauty all around me every single day . . . how could I even think about leaving . . . .

In other news, I offered to buy a horse the other day.  No, not Chaco.  Sparky.  Pat is talking about sending him back to his owner . . . the guy who had the donkeys all this time.  Sparky's real owner is a fourteen year old girl who cares less about horses.  Poor Sparky will end up in the pasture with the other horses.  Maybe a good thing . . . but Sparky is an incredible people person, and I felt really bad that he would be sent out to pasture without any people contact.  I don't think there is any way that the guy will sell him to me, but we'll see.  Whatever is meant to be.

No comments: