Friday, September 26, 2008

Friday, September 26, 2008

This morning Pat told me that we have a sick donkey . . . Zekey.  He walked into the feeding corral, and then walked out to the round pen and lay down there.  She gave him some horse cookies, but he didn't want any hay. I went out to see him and give him more horse cookies. As I was feeding him, Cracker and Cisco walked by. I thought that it was weird that they weren't coming over, because they usually do when I give another horse cookies. Then, they did. Cracker came over sniffing around and Zekey stood up.

Zekey followed me outside the corral, and we gave him water and put some hay and grain in a feed container.  He still didn't really want it, though.  Pat thinks it's time for him to die.  She said this is the second time this has happened in about a month.  I gave him reiki, anyway.  Reiki to live or reiki to help him to the other side.  A few days ago, he had this big cut on his nose.  It looked like someone might have kicked him in the face or bitten him.  I got the feeling that he was just tired and wanted to go home.

Later on, I brought Chaco into the round pen for Pat.  She lunged him this time.  He did so well.  He kept way away from her . . . not like he crowds me.  I asked her why, and Pat said that maybe he feels like doing it this way today!  Pat even got him to canter for a second or two.  That's a lot for a fat boy like Chaco!

No comments: