A miracle? Maybe . . .
Zekey drank water this morning! And then he ate some hay! There's a chance he could live now . . . a good chance. I monitored him all day long, and made sure he had hay to eat. He ate and drank periodically all day long. I never saw him lying down. He came up to me when I came into the corral, which he hasn't done in days. One time I called him over and he came. He ate horse cookies most times when I offered them. I think he has a chance.
This morning, after Pat and I saw him drinking water, we let the other two donkeys out of the corral, and brought Zekey hay. As soon as we saw him pick up the first mouthful, we looked at each other in surprise, and with tears of happiness running down our faces, we hugged briefly, and turned back to glory in the sight of an old donkey eating hay. What a beautiful thing.
No comments:
Post a Comment