Saturday, September 13, 2008

Saturday, September 13, 2008

Today, Pat had to work at the Roadhouse so I was on my own.  My only extra job besides the regular chores of the day was to play with the horses!  That's no hardship!  She thought they were feeling neglected from being left alone all day yesterday.  

It was cold today, so I hung out for awhile and watered the greenhouse.  Then I went out to do the corrals.  Whenever a horse or donkey or mule would come up to me, I'd pet them to make them feel appreciated.  It seemed like it was taking me forever, and I thought maybe I was working in slow motion or something.  Starting late seemed like a lot more work than starting early!

After I had emptied many more wheelbarrow-fuls than usual, and I was on the very last one, it finally dawned on me that there was so much poop because it was two full days!  We were gone all day yesterday!  So much for slow motion!

Later, I went out and brushed all the equines.  Cracker ran away when I showed him the brush.  Then as I was brushing someone else, he butted his way in and wanted to be brushed.  Cisco didn't want me to brush him either, until I started brushing JD, then Cisco insisted he needed to be brushed right then.  These animals sure have personality!

I didn't water the garden till late afternoon.  That seemed to be a mistake as well!  The mosquitoes practically ate me alive.  They are loud and hit hard.  Ouch.  I've been out before with the horses at that time, and haven't gotten bitten.  But, today, they must have followed me out there when I left the garden.  Bummer.

A special thought today for Desi Gray, who is now on the other side.

No comments: