Saturday, September 13, 2008

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Today, Pat and I played frisbee with Chaco! She used a container lid, because she couldn't find her frisbee. He learned to go to it right away. He always learns fast when there's food involved! When I came outside, she had already taught him to do it. I had some watermelon rind that I was going to hand out, but it all went to Chaco instead. Pat would throw the "frisbee" about ten feet from Chaco, and he would go up to it and point his upper lip and touch the lid. Then I would give him a piece of watermelon rind. He used to not like it, but now he loves it! He did it over and over again. Pat said that after he really gets it, he'll run from spot to spot to reach the frisbee. Eventually, Pat and I will throw it back and forth and have him touch it that way.

Jadwiga called. Those of you who followed my India blog, http://manila.pemetic.u98.k12.me.us/pemindia/, will remember Jadwiga. She is the German woman I hung out with most of my time at the ashram. Do you know the book, Eat, Love, Pray?  She read it and loved it . . . in fact, she read it three times!  She was so moved by the book, that she decided she had to go to Bali for herself.  She went to the cafe of one of the characters in the book, and expected a really excellent, healthy meal.  She said it was good, but she sounded disappointed.  She also went to see the Balinese medicine man from the book!  Jadwiga said that she was surprised when she approached a taxi driver . . . not a regular . . . but he knew immediately how to get to the medicine man's house.  She got there and she said there was a queue . . . a line.  They were all Western women and all of them divorced or single.  It cost $10 for a reading, but that also didn't live up to her expectations.  Oh, well.  But, she is thinking of returning to Bali.  She bought a book by a guru who now lives in Bali.  I asked if she was going to his ashram.  She said she's had enough of guru's and ashrams for awhile!

No comments: