Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Tuesday, September 2, 2008




Today, young Stefan left.  It was so sad. I said good by to him last night, because they left early this morning.  But I have to admit that when I walked outside and saw JD, Stefan's favorite horse, I got teary eyed. Stefan was an incredible young man.  He was cautious without being fearful, fearless without being foolhardy, a great conversationalist, a super sense of humor, assertive, stood up for himself at the right times, and an all around great kid.  If he was my son, I would be really proud of him.

I only hope that one day our paths cross again . . . which could happen.  The other night when we were playing German pinocle, I was telling him that I thought it was weird that I have had a close relationship with two Germans in the past year.   Somehow he got me to promise that if another German comes into my life by the end of this year, that I will go to Germany for at least a month! It could happen!

No comments: