
Largo Canyon to Gubenador
It was good to be home, even momentarily. Chaco said he missed me, kind of. Well, at least he missed me giving him horse cookies!
Jane picked me up in the afternoon. I'll be staying at her home for a week while she and her husband, Don, are visiting relatives in Oklahoma and Louisiana. Since it rained so hard on Saturday, the road was really affected. It wasn't so much that it was wet, it mostly wasn't, but there were deep grooves where the water had been. I noticed on the main road, but didn't mention it until we were on the side roads close to Jane's house. Jane said that it's not bad at all . . . that sometimes you have to use four wheel drive AND chains to get through! This is a tough area, folks! You have to really want to live here, to live here. And the people here really want to live here. I could live here. I like this kind of life . . . the solitude, the beauty, the history. It's all wonderful.
Jane and I showed me all the chores a few weeks ago, but I wanted to go over them again before they left. So, I did the evening feeding, with my notes, and with Jane standing right there. She changed a couple things, but everything was pretty much the same.
They have a beautiful new home with all new computerized appliances. I had to learn how to work those, too! There are no dogs here, and it will be weird staying alone with no dogs around. I'm not used to that.
Here's a view from their house.
No comments:
Post a Comment