Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Thursday thru Wednesday, October 16 - 22, 2008


Thursday . . . Toby doesn't look good. When I went out there he wasn't eating, and he was lying down. I brought him the food and got him to get up. He can't put any weight on the foot at all. I told Pat I was worried about him, and she called the vet and is going to get some "bute". It's a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory that they give to race horses. We put a hot wrap on his leg, and then a cold wrap. It seemed to help a little, but it's hard to tell.

Friday . . . Toby is standing a little more. We soaked his foot in epsom salts and put on a comfrey poultice. He seems a little better.  

Saturday . . . Wyatt is helping John at Gubanador, and Pat and Jonica worked at the Roadhouse today, so I was home alone.

Sun/Mon I soaked Toby's foot and it's now much, much better. He's putting weight on it and hardly limping at all. I haven't seen him laying down, either.

Tuesday/Wednesday  We put the finishing touches on the new hitching post that Wyatt, Jonika, and Pat put up while I was gone.  We tied a lot of the equines to the post to see how it would do.  I was bringing JD out to tie him up, and I somehow got between him and Zekey.  Zekey got angry at something and kicked with both hind legs, but Jonika said his kick didn't go out that far.  He missed me, anyway!  

Here is a picture of the new hitching post with some of the equines (mostly horses, and one hinny) tied to it.

No comments: