Thursday, October 9, 2008

Wednesday thru Sunday, October 8 thru 12, 2008



These are slow, easy days, so there's not much to say!

Wednesday, October 8, 2008 
When I went out to feed this morning, I heard a coyote howling, it sounded like he was just at the end of the driveway, but I never saw him.

Thursday, October 9, 2008
As I was checking out the horses' water in the barn, I noticed that the gate was open!  OMG!  If they would have gotten out, I don't know what I would have done!  It was open in such a way that if they pushed against it, they couldn't get out, but if they would have pulled, it would have opened all the way.  What luck that I found it!
gate open

Friday, October 10, 2008
The wind is blowing very hard today, but it's still an incredibly beautiful day out there.

Saturday, October 11, 2008
Today is another blustery day.  I couldn't find Susie, the cat, anywhere.  Where could she be?  Just when I was about to get worried, she showed up, still fat and sassy.

Sunday, October 12, 2008 - I walked out to feed the horses this morning and saw a cottontail rabbit by the corral.  I walked slowly and meandered to the side a little so as not to scare it.  I was so careful, but it hopped off anyway!  Then, I noticed that Susie had come from behind another building and had been stalking the rabbit!  It didn't hop away from me, it hopped away from Susie!

Sybil is black, and Susie is the calico.

No comments: