Friday, June 13, 2008

June 12, 2008


Counselor, New Mexico
Horse Poop Diaries
Today, we did "driving" practice . . . first with each other to get the feeling of it, and then with Sparky, R's stud horse. He's a beautiful, little thing, and gentle as can be. He did really well with the driving, and so got lots of horse cookies! (For our purposes, driving is following behind the horse with a line on either side of him, and getting him to go right and left by using the lines.)

Here is a picture of the house. This is only part of it . . . the other building to the left has the restrooms and the kitchen, and a basketball court. The house building also has a restroom in it, but that is Pat's personal bathroom. It looks tilted because I combined two pictures. The round room in the middle is a kiva, and will be used for meditation and sacred ceremonies. It's pretty cool. They made it from adobe bricks that they created themselves from the area.

Pat told me that I'm going to be alone tomorrow, Friday, so I have to learn how to feed the horses. I helped her tonite, and I'll help again tomorrow morning so I know just how much to feed each horse. I just barely learned how to sail, and now I'm going to be in charge of the ship! Is that a bad analogy to use for something to do with horses? Oh well. It seemed fitting!

No comments: