

I left Saturday for Oakland, California to see a friend from college that I hadn't seen in thirty-seven years. My friend lives on a boat, and I stayed at a nearby motel, right on the marina.
Sunday, we went looking for cowboy boots, which I will need for my stay in New Mexico. You need shoes with heels so your foot doesn't accidentally go through the stirrup. I didn't find exactly cowboy boots, but they are boots with heels that look more like hiking boots. They are made for endurance riders that need to ride and walk. They're perfect. And did I mention that they are teal. I like teal. Plus they have some protection in case I get stepped on by a horse again! Then we went to a natural history museum. They had cool things in there, but what intrigued me the most was the display of live termites. They were immediately engaging and disgusting. In fact, it totally grossed me out, but I couldn't tear myself away! There was also a cool display of a saber tooth cat.
Here is a picture of the view when you stand in front of where my room is. And some Canadian geese that happened to be hanging around. I saw a night heron last evening, but didn't have my camera with me.
No comments:
Post a Comment