Today, after watering the greenhouse and the garden, I went to the kitchen to do the dishes. I turned the faucet. Nothing. I tried again. Nothing. I checked in the both bathrooms. Nothing. Oops. Pat had said they had an artesian well, and she never seemed to be concerned about water. Now what? I walked back to the other building, and checked the water there. Flowing!
I waited for Lylbun to finish cleaning the corrals, and then I told him. He said it must be the pump, so we went to the pump house. He wasn't sure what was going on. I heard the water going, but nothing was happening. He did something and said we should wait a couple hours to see if something had changed.
After awhile, I decide to go visit the horses, since I didn't spend much time with them yesterday. I'm talking to Cisco, and JDancer, and all of a sudden there is a furry something at my feet! It's Chica, Pat's dog who she brought with her to Chaco Canyon. I look behind me and see Pat's jeep in the yard.
Pat's camp was raided by ravens, and she lost some of her food. Then, Chica drank some bad water or something, had the shakes, and couldn't walk. So Pat decided to come home. Chica seemed better now, so that was good. She told Lylbun he could stay even if she was back, but he chose to leave. Before that, however, he offered to take me to see the other petroglyphs!
I didn't really want to go today. I'm not quite recovered from yesterday. But since he's leaving, and I don't know when I'll get a chance to go again, I had to say yes!
Back into the rickety truck started with a screw driver. We go back and park by the side of the road where we did yesterday. But, this time we head over to the right instead of the left like yesterday.
We came to some tracks, and Lylbun looked at them and said they looked like elk. Sure enough, a few more steps and there was some elk scat. Yesterday, I wanted to show my scatological knowledge, so I pointed to something and said, "Horse poop?" He said, "No, that's just moss." So much for my scatological knowledge!
The first petroglyph we came to was "all your ducks in a row." It's pretty cool with all these ducks . . . well, in a row! There were a bunch of other petroglyphs all around close to the ducks. I think Lylbun might have said sixteen in all.
We kept going and it wasn't too long before I was overwhelmingly hot and asked if we could sit for awhile in the shade. We did for a couple minutes, but then the gnats started trying to get into our ears again, so we had to move on.
The next petroglyph we came to looked like the reiki/energy symbol! Lylbun said that he thought it meant water wheel or medicine wheel. Whatever it means, it is a very ancient symbol, and one that I was very excited to see!
To backtrack a little bit, when Pat got home we told her about the water. She had done something to the pump and had forgotten to tell us! So, everything was fine, we just had to do some little thing to it.
This evening, when we went out to feed the horses, Pat realized she had her sandals on. She didn't want to get stepped on, so she let the all the horses out thinking they would come right back in to eat. Nope. They didn't want to come in. We tried to talk them into it, but they weren't listening . . . they were too busy grazing on the few weeds in the yard. We just left the gates open, and after awhile they wandered back in.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment