Sunday, June 22, 2008

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Pat and I cleaned the corrals together today.  And then John and Pat and I went up on the roof to put a sunscreen over parts of the house.  But, I couldn't stay up there too long, because I am still not used to this hot sun and I get dizzy if I'm out too long.  It was a high, hot tar roof, and it just got to me.

This place is twenty-six miles from paved road, and I'm not sure how far to the nearest "town."  But, we are not as isolated as that sounds because this place is also in the middle of some oil fields.  There are huge natural gas trucks and all kinds of other trucks going by and kicking up dust all day long, every day.  Still, the isolation suits me.  I like it here . . . with the horses.

No comments: