Sunday, June 15, 2008

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Counselor, New Mexico
I forgot to mention that yesterday John, Pat's husband, came home. In the evening we all sat and watched the beautiful New Mexico sunset. When the clouds had all faded to gray, we watched the bats fly around and that was cool, too!

Today, it was unclear because John was here and I wasn't sure what to do.  I worked in the garden outside with John for a little while until I got dizzy from the heat.  I had been drinking water, but it was still too hot for me.  It scared me because Monday I was supposed to go with Pat to Chaco Canyon to do some backpacking with her.  She is a biologist and walks through all the mesas there looking for specific plants.  But, if I got dizzy after less than an hour in the sun, I didn't think I could make it for three or four days.  She said it was okay, because she didn't think I was strong enough, anyway!  I wasn't offended though, because she said that her best friend only comes with her in the winter when it's not hot.  Plus, when I went hiking with the kids the other day, they told me that they couldn't keep up with Pat!

Later on, I cleaned the horse corral, and made a pineapple upside down cake . . . from a recipe!  Talk about stretching my boundaries!  It came out pretty good, too.  Everybody liked it.

Pat and John have this guy here now, Lylbun, to feed the horses and everything.  They thought that I would be with Pat in Chaco Canyon.  So, now, Lylbun and I get to feed them together.  He's got a cute little puppy with him, named Judy.

Pat fixed the wireless network last night, so I can access the internet from my own computer now.  So that's cool.

John told me that the Indian ruins on the hill are called Pueblito . . . little pueblo.  That is a generic name for ruins like that.  This particular one is called schoolhouse . . . because it is close to where we live, which used to be called Largo School.

No comments: