Counselor, New Mexico
Horse Poop Diaries
Friday the 13th
It was a lucky Friday the 13th for me! I did it! I fed the horses lunch and dinner, and did fine! It was a little more complicated than I had imagined, though. This morning when I helped Pat feed, there were three horses in one corral, and a combination of horses, mules, and donkeys in the other corral . . . a bunch of them. Then, before Pat left today, the kid's father picked them up, and took a bunch of the animals with them! So I ended up having four horses/mules in one corral, and two horses in the other corral. I might have fed the four horses too much at noon, but they were still hungry at dinner, so I must have done okay.
While Pat was gone, she wanted me to mop this room that she wants to move the computer equipment into. Let's see . . . you already know that I would rather pick up horse poop than work on computers. Would I rather mop floors than work on computers? No way! I'm not nuts, ya know! Hopefully, I won't have to do it that often. This was probably a one time thing, I think. But, I have to keep thinking . . . I am working only four hours a day for room and board, plus most of the work is with these wonderful animals that I love! I feel like I'm at summer camp! Plus, I have plenty of time to work on my book . . . in a truly beautiful part of the country. How awesome is that!?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment