I realized today as I was cleaning the corral, that I was unconsciously holding in my stomach . . . tightening my abs. Is that cool or what?! Do you think maybe I could charge people to clean the corral just to tighten their abs? . . . kind of like Tom Sawyer and whitewashing the fence. I like it!
Shawn and Laura were cleaning out the kitchen and refrigerator, and Pat handed me a sack of carrots to give to the horses. So, of course I head for Chaco first. I give him the "target" sign until he touches my fingers with the end of his nose. Then I hand him a carrot . . . only he doesn't want it! Everybody else crowded me just to get a carrot, but Chaco was totally not interested. I was so bummed!
While they were all cleaning the kitchen, Pat and I did the recycling. Here, you have to separate all the plastic with those little numbers on the bottoms of the bottles. It was a pain, but at least they have and do recycling here. I was in some towns that didn't have any options for recycling.
After we loaded the truck, Pat and I worked with Sparky and Chaco on driving. Sparky did pretty good, but Chaco didn't get it at first, and kept trying to kick Pat. That was kind of a bummer. I don't want him to learn how to kick!
Late in the afternoon, Shawn and Laura and I walked up to the ruins that I had gone to previously with the two kids. The sun was setting, and it was awesome. We kind of had to hurry home because we were in danger of getting caught up there after dark! That would have been kind of scary. I read a sign up there, and it said the ruins were only a couple hundred years old. I was kind of disappointed about that!
On the way home, we all held hands, and skipped, and sang, "The Wonderful Wizard of Oz!"
No comments:
Post a Comment