
I wrote to both of Reiki instructors to find out how to "clear" the fence. Then I went out late this afternoon, closed the gate so the horses couldn't interrupt me, and I proceeded to clear the negative energy through Reiki. It was interesting. We'll see what happens now. Hopefully, nothing!
I fed the horses their evening meal tonight about 7:30 P.M. There is a big trough that I usually put a couple "flakes" of hay in, because it's usually shared by two horses. But, tonight, JDancer, the lead horse, chased everyone else away. I thought he would leave it alone and go back to the other hay distributed on the ground, but he didn't. So, I had to go back out and re-distribute the hay that was in the trough to keep JDancer from hogging it all. Can a horse be a hog? Yes.
Pecking order. The term pecking order comes from a flock of birds. The "more important" or dominant birds get to "peck" and eat first. It is the same way with horses. Sometimes, it is rough to watch, because they often bite and kick each other mercilessly. I found a deep bite on Cracker's neck the other day. Poor thing.
This is how the pecking order for these horses and mules go: JDancer is the leader of the herd. Cisco is next. After those two it is unclear. Usually, but not always, Chaco and then Sparky come next. Last are the two mules: Cracker and Chester. Poor sad-eyed Chester is always at the bottom of the heap. Such is his lot in life.
This is a picture of a toad I met on the way to the bathroom one night after a rain.
No comments:
Post a Comment