Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

This morning I didn't feel well, and spent it in bed.  I think I was having a miniature healing crisis.  Shawn and Laura and Pat cleaned out the barn for her new load of hay.  I missed Chaco rolling in a big puddle of water in the corral.  He rolled and splashed and came out looking brown!  

After lunch I felt much better.  Shawn and Laura and I hiked up to another pueblito, a little farther than the first one.  It was awesome.  It is called the Hooded Fireplace Pueblito, and it has a little room that you have to climb into from above.  Inside it was twenty degrees cooler than outside.  We stayed there for awhile chillin'.  Literally.  It was a neat, little room that felt holy in a joyous kind of way.

Shawn saw a rabbit, but Chica the dog scared him away before I could see it.  After the pueblito, we walked down a dry stream bed and looked faaaarrrrr down into the canyon.  Shawn threw a rock over to see if he could hit the pool at the bottom.  Then we hiked back home. 

No comments: