Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Wednesday, July 23, 2008



My shoulder is killing me!  I can't raise my arm very high without supreme effort.  Pat says tomorrow it will feel even worse.  I'm hoping she's wrong.  But, I still practiced emergency dismount on Cracker . . . twice.  Pat was proud of me because I had told her before that I never wanted to get on Cracker.  But, Pat was holding the lead rope, so it wasn't a big deal.  Although, when I told Pat that, she said that he could still go ballistic.  I'm glad she didn't tell me that before I got on him!

After lunch, I took off to go see some more petroglyphs.  As I was walking past the bridge over the Largo, I saw an ant carrying a fly.  I always look at ants carrying things because it reminds me of that song, " . . . an ant can move a rubber tree plant . . . cause he has high hopes . . . ".  And I like that song.  So, I watched him for a minute and then walked on.  

You're thinking what does this have to do with the petroglyphs?!  Just wait.  It doesn't, but it's still a cool story.  I found the first set of petroglyphs . . . some carved hand prints in the rocks.  They were cool.  Then I walked farther down, staying close to the rocks, and I saw it!  A beautiful horse carved in the stone!  It was awesome!  Next to it were some other figures, including one that looks like it has wings.  Cool petroglyphs!

Then, I walked on a little further until I got the feeling I should go back.  I walked back to the road, which was right there, and started walking back.  I'm at the corner, and I look down, and what do I see?  The ant!  Still carrying the fly!  What are the chances that I would ever see him again?!  Is that awesome or what!  I know it means something, but who knows what it is!!  I am finding that I  am following my intuition more than perhaps ever before, and good and cool things are happening because of it.  I'm really happy about that.  If I was in India, I would say, kush hun . . . I am happy.  In Hindi!

Later, Pat rode Chaco a little bit.  She said he did fine, but didn't walk much.  It was mostly her getting on and off him.  I wasn't there, so I didn't see it.

No comments: