More horsey goings-on. We did driving practice with Cisco and Chaco again. Chaco tried to kick me, but I was standing a few feet away, thankfully. He's tried to kick before, but if he was using a bat instead of his foot, it would have been a single. This kick today, he was batting for the stars. It would have been a home run. I shudder to think if he would have connected . . .
We drove JDancer a little bit, and he was really spooky about it. He didn't like it at all. Pat wanted to take him down the road, but after just a couple minutes she realized he wasn't ready for that. We ended up taking him into the round pen, and she had to work him in there because he was being so uncooperative.
The next day when I said I was a little spooked about Chaco trying to kick, Pat wasn't happy with me. She said that I needed to be able to clean his hooves before I can move on with him. Later on, she got in the pen with him and he tried to kick her. It took her an hour of intense dominance to get him to allow her to lift his back feet. At one point he had her pinned against he fence, and as she was carefully extricating herself, she mentioned how dangerous it was. My love affair with Chaco may be over.
No comments:
Post a Comment