
Pat worked at the Roadhouse today, so Shawn and Laura and I were left on our own. We took care of all the chores early, and then just mostly took it easy. They were exhausted from their long weekend, and I was tired, too, for some reason.
Chaco and I are on the outs. He wouldn't talk to me today. I didn't encourage him much, either. I went to the corral once and turned my back to see if he would come to me, and he didn't, so I left. A few minutes later I saw that he was in the stall that I've been training him in. It might have been his way to entice me over there, but I wasn't going. I have to be the lead mare to him, and he isn't ready for that yet. Until he is, I can't work with him.
New Mexico has a magnificent fiery sunset almost every single night. My sister told me that when she moved to New Mexico, she took about thirty rolls of film just of sunsets. I have been resisting, but this one got to me, so I thought I'd share it.
No comments:
Post a Comment