Monday, July 28, 2008

Sunday, July 27, 2008


Today, we worked on the barn.  We will need more hay for the horses in a few weeks, and the barn has to be adjusted so that the horses can't just reach in and take hay any time they want to.  So, Pat and I dug some deep holes for the railroad tie posts, while John welded part of the fence together.  It was hard work!  But, I'm getting stronger every day.

Later in the afternoon, Pat got up on Chaco.  I watched from way the other side of the corral.  Suddenly, Chaco bolted and Pat went off right at the fence.  She just lay there in a heap.  I ran over  as fast as I could.  By the time I got the gate open, she was standing up.  Pat is one tough lady!  She said she didn't have time for the emergency dismount because Chaco is so fat!  

John came over when he saw me running, and she had him lead Chaco around while she leaned across Chaco's back.  I sat down in the next corral sending reiki.  Pat said that she could feel Chaco relax every time they walked close to me.  I told her that I noticed that Chaco would shy a little bit every time they got close to the spot on the fence that she and I went off.  She told me that John had hit that fence in the same spot, and so had someone else.  I told her that I thought it had some residual negative energy that probably needed to be removed.  She agreed.
This is another beautiful New Mexico sunset.  They just keep comin'!

No comments: