Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

We drove Chaco for a little while this morning, and he did really well.  He didn't get crazy at all.  We'll see how he does tomorrow.

Then Pat went somewhere with John, Shawn and Laura took off on a big hike, and after I fed the horses, I took off on a little hike.  I was looking for some Anastazi ruins, but I never found them.  
I was walking down the road on my way back, and since the road was straight, I decided to take a little side tour in toward the rocks.  I was just going to make a half circle and get right back to the road.  Suddenly, I found myself about fifty feet above the road.  Instead of turning back the way I came, I felt that I should go forward . . . up even.  It wasn't too long before I came to some really cool petroglyphs that I would have missed completely if I had gone any other way!  

I managed to balance the camera on a rock and take a picture of myself with the petroglyphs.  As soon as I looked at the picture, though, I realized I better get home quick.  My face was bright red.  It still took me awhile to find a trail back down to the road, but oh was it worth it!

No comments: