Today we had to trim Chaco's hooves. Boy, was he ever mad at me. I've been doing something bad to him . . . I've been playing high school games. He turns away when he sees me, so I taunt him by going to another horse and petting the other horse. Chaco was furious with me. When he and I and Pat were in a stall together, he would put Pat in between us, so he didn't have to be with me. Boy, do I have a lot of work to do to get him back as a friend! No more high school games!
Later in the day, we all took a walk. Shawn had Chester, Laura had JD, Stefan had Sparky, Pat had Cisco, and I had Chaco. Cracker, the only one left out, was allowed to run free and follow us. We didn't get too far when Chester started acting up, and Pat sent Shawn back home to get the "stud chain" . . . it's a chain that fits on the halter and gives you more control over the animal. Kind of, but not quite, like a choke chain . . . but, it's across the animal's nose. So, Pat had to hold Cisco and Chester, who was already acting up. Chester did something bad and freaked Cisco out, who broke free of Pat and ran a little ways away. I was afraid that he would take off into the wild, but the hanging rope scared him, and he waited for Pat to come get him. Chester still acted up a little with Shawn, even with the stud chain, so Pat swapped Cisco for Chester, and she got him into line. Chaco and I bonded a little bit, but he still held onto some of his anger toward me. It might take a day or two to get back where we were.
No comments:
Post a Comment