Thursday, July 31, 2008

Wednesday, July 30, 2008


Today Shawn and I moved dirt into some of the stalls, so water wouldn't pool in them during the winter.  Shawn used the little tractor, and I directed him (although he's really good on the tractor and didn't need much directing), and I also pulled the sticks and old cans out of the dirt.

We all met in the kiva room that John and Pat built out of adobe.  Pat wanted to find out what Stefan's goals were while he is here.  Many of them are similar to mine . . . more Native American stuff . . . so we will be hiking and doing some stuff together.

This is a picture of me when I was nineteen years old.  This is my horse, Sebastian.  If he wasn't in such a weird position with an angry look on his face, you'd see how beautiful he was.  This is not something you are supposed to do with a horse, and this is the only time I ever had him do it . . . for posterity.  I didn't realize how similar he and Chaco look.  Sebastian has more white on his face than I remember, and Chaco has less white than I thought.  And they both have three white feet and one black . . . and the black for both of them is on the right front foot!

No comments: